Exercise bikes provide a low-impact cardiovascular workout that’s easy on the joints, but can still help you work up a sweat. The best stationary bikes combine effective resistance settings with a user-friendly design, and are durable enough to withstand repeated use. We consult expert and owner reviews to identify the most reliable, comfortable and convenient bikes..
Folding exercise bikes have greatly improved in recent years. As of February 2011, you can buy a folding exercise bike that compares in quality with a regular exercise bike. If you are in the market for a folding bike, make sure you can comfortably fold it up and move it to wherever you plan to store it. Some models are easy to fold. Some have handles to make it easier to transport them. Make sure you know how big the bike is when it is folded up before you get it home and attempt to store it in a closet or beneath your bed.
How to Choose the Best Exercise Bike
For many people, an exercise bike is the first piece of exercise equipment we bring into our homes, but it is important to choose a bike that is useful, and one that provides excellent value for the money. Many a poor quality bike has ended up being an expensive clothes rack, so it pays to do your homework and find out the factors that make a great exercise bike.
Why an Exercise Bike Billig motionscykel
They provide a number of important benefits to users, no matter what their level of fitness or fitness goals. One of the best things about these bikes is that there is no learning curve. If you can sit down and pedal, you can use an exercise bike.
In addition, fitness bikes can provide an excellent cardiovascular workout, and cardiovascular exercise has been shown time and time again to reduce the occurrence of many of our most serious diseases, including heart disease, diabetes and others. Working out a couple of times a week on an exercise bike can provide excellent benefits, both in terms of weight loss and overall fitness.
Best of all, exercise bikes provide all these benefits in a very low impact way. Compared to many other forms of exercise, like running or jogging, they are very easy on the knees and joints. This makes workouts perfect for those who are prone too, or recovering from, sports injuries. As a matter of fact, exercise bike routines are a cornerstone of sports medicine programs around the country.
Factors to Look At
When shopping for a bike, there are a number of things to consider. Some of the most important factors to look at when shopping include:
1. Height Adjustments. It is important to choose a bike whose height is easily adjustable. This adjustment will allow riders of all heights to easily use the equipment, an especially critical factor if more than one user will be riding it. It is of course important that all riders are comfortable on the exercise bike, as exercise equipment that is not comfortable to use will be unlikely to see much use.
2. Seat. It is also important to make sure that the seat fits you properly, and that the seat is large enough to accommodate riders of all sizes. If you purchase the exercise bike from a traditional store, be sure to try it out and make sure the seat is comfortable. Fortunately, if the seat is not up to snuff, it is relatively easy to purchase and install a new seat on most models of exercise bikes.
3. Pedals. The pedals of the bike should be easy to operate and provide smooth operation. In addition, many models of exercise bike provide an easy way for users to strap their feet into place while riding.
4. Safety. It is important to make sure that all the moving parts of the exercise bike, like the chain, are covered with a safety shroud. This will help to ensure safe operation and make sure that small children and pets cannot be inadvertently injured by the device.
5. Weight Rating. It is also important to choose an exercise bike that is rated for your weight. Different models of bike will come with different weight ratings, and it is important to choose one that is capable of supporting your pre-workout weight. Many of the best exercise bikes are rated for weights of up to 300 to 400 pounds, so finding a good one should not be that much of a problem.
6. Adjustable Intensity. It is also a good idea to look for an exercise bike that provides an adjustable workout. Most provide a way to adjust the intensity of a workout, and this is an especially important factor for those embarking on an exercise routine. Adjustable tension will help make the workouts more intense as your fitness level increases, providing continual challenges as your level of fitness improves.